Please see key information about our holiday club below:
- Only open 3 days per week (Tuesday – Thursday)
- Reduced operating hours (9am – 5pm)
- Limit of 30 children per week (15 per bubble)
- Up to 3 staff per bubble all week (only 2 at any one time)
- Bubbles based on age where possible (KS1 + KS2)
- Children will stay within these bubbles for the full week
- Staff will stay within these bubbles for the full week where possible
- One parent drop off / pick up policy
- No signing in/out, our coach will tick your child’s name off at the door
- Children must sanitise their hands with gel provided on arrival and exit
- Activities altered to accommodate for social distancing
- One-way systems in place where it’s needed
- Markers on the floor to ensure everyone is maintaining social distancing
- All sessions to be done outdoors where possible
- Strong hand hygiene by all participants on arrival/exit and throughout the day
- Staff wearing adequate PPE to deal with first aid incidents (gloves, face mask and apron)
- Only one child at a time will use the toilet
- Designated coach will clean the toilets after a child has used it
- Children will be 2 metres apart at break and lunch times
- Equipment kept within the same bubble all week
- Equipment sterilised in between being used
- Each child having their own piece of equipment where possible
- If a child test positive for COVIS-19 it is likely their whole bubble will need to self isolate for 14 days (no refunds will be given, only deferrals)
Activities will include:
- Football (skill based & small sided matches)
- Hockey (skill based & small sided matches)
- Basketball (skill based only)
- Cricket (matches)
- Rounders (matches)
- Circle Games (no equipment)
- Team Games
- Arts & Crafts (occasional)
Children and staff will remain within the same bubble of 15 for a full week, and where possible for longer.
We will inform you in the weeks leading up to the club which bubble your child is in and where they will need to report to everyday. Bubbles will be split by KS1 & KS2 where possible, however, if we have more children of one age some may be in a group with younger or older children.
If a child or staff member develops symptoms compatible with coronavirus (COVID-19), they will be sent home and advised to self-isolate for 7 days and arrange to have a test to see if they have coronavirus COVID-19. They can do this by visiting NHS.UK to arrange or contact NHS 119 via telephone if they do not have internet access. Their fellow household members should self-isolate for 14 days.
Where the child, young person, or staff member tests negative, they can return to the setting and the fellow household members can end their self-isolation.
If the child, young person or staff member tests negative but is unwell, they should not return to that setting until they are recovered.
Where the child, young person or staff member tests positive, NHS Test and Trace will speak directly to those they have been in contact with to offer advice. This advice may be that the rest of their class or group within the setting should be sent home and advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
If this is to happen any remaining sessions due to take place in the 14 day period will be deferred to a later date, no cash refunds will be given.
As part of the national test and trace programme, if other cases are detected within the class or group or in the wider setting, Public Health England’s local health protection teams will conduct a rapid investigation and will advise on the most appropriate action to take. In some cases, a larger number of other children and young people may be asked to self-isolate at home as a precautionary measure – perhaps the whole class, group or site. Where settings are observing guidance on infection prevention and control, which will reduce risk of transmission, closure of the whole setting will not generally be necessary.
You can see the full list of protective measures we will be following here.
As I’m sure you can imagine, things will be done a lot differently for us this summer when it comes to how we deliver our sessions.
We are currently in the process of planning each individual session to ensure social distancing measures are stuck to, whilst maintaining an element of fun for the children!
Just to give you an idea of what we will be offering, please see the list below:
Football (skills based and small sided matches)
Cricket (matches & skills)
Rounders (matches & skills)
Hockey (skills based and small sided matches)
More information will be provided to parents/carers in the coming weeks about procedures that will need to be followed, please keep an eye out for our emails detailing everything you need to know.
Our social media channels are also a great way to keep up with updates –
Facebook – @schoolofsportltd
Instagram – @schoolofsportltd