Terms & Conditions
Registration & Payment
Registration forms for classes and holiday clubs must be completed on our website, payment for extra classes must be made at the time of booking. Holiday club payments will be arranged over email once a booking form has been submitted.
Class payments are only done via PayPal but allow a ‘guest’ check out, which enables card payments. We do not accept cash, cheque or childcare voucher payments for extra-curricular classes.
Holiday club payments can be made via bank transfer or childcare vouchers, no cash or cheque payments are accepted. Please see details for bank transfers and voucher payments below:
All holiday club payments should now be made to our sister company School of Play Mcr, you can see all relevant childcare voucher codes and bank details here – https://www.schoolofplay.org.uk/about-us/payment-options/
Late payments (holiday clubs)
If fees are not received within 7 days of a payment request a fee of £10 will be added and another email request for payment will be sent. If fees are not paid 14 days from the original request for payment your child’s place may be cancelled.
When paying with childcare vouchers we understand this can take up to 5 days to be paid into our account, so proof a payment has been processed will be accepted.
Sibling discount is offered for all holiday club bookings, both siblings must attend on the same day (see booking form for prices).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Cancellations up to 48 hours before your booking will incur a fee of 25% of the price.
- Cancellations between 0-48 hours before your booking, a fee of 50% of the price applies.
- Cancellations after the first session of a booking will not be refunded.
- In extenuating circumstances an exchange of services may be offered
- Refunds or exchange of services will not be given for unexpected school closures out of our control i.e. snowy conditions, flooding, heating issues, disease outbreak etc.
- Refunds or exchange of services will not be given if a child is absence due to illness or any other reason.
- In the event of a school hall being in use with no advanced notice given to School of Sport, sessions will be adapted to take place outside or in a classroom. This may include children doing theory work on the activity. No refunds or exchange of services will be given.
- Refunds or exchange of services will not be given if an outdoor lunch time class is cancelled due to adverse weather on the day.
All parents must sign a child out when collecting them from a class.
Late Collection Fees
School of Sport reserve the right to charge a fee for late collection. If a child is collected late, the parent / guardian will be subject to an immediate charge of £5 per child.
An additional £5 will be charged for every 15 minutes after the collection time, if the parent / guardian is unable to pay the late fee at the time of collection, an email request for payment will be sent.
Repeat late collection may result in a child’s place being cancelled without a refund for the remaining sessions given.
Absence & illness
If a child is off school for any reason, please inform us as soon as possible to avoid concerns over missing children. No refunds or exchange of services will be offered if a child is off sick.
If a child isn’t well enough to attend or has contracted an infectious illness, we ask that parents do not send their child to School of Sport. If a child becomes ill during our class we reserve the right to contact a parent / guardian to arrange collection.
Food & Drink
Food & drink will not be provided by School of Sport at our classes or holiday clubs, we advise that every child has a water bottle when attending School of Sport.
Any child attending our holiday club will also need to bring a packed lunch & snacks. See holiday club page for more info – https://www.schoolofsport.org.uk/holiday-club/
Children are more than welcome to bring a light snack if attending an extra-curricular class. Nuts are not allowed at any our classes or holiday clubs, this includes foods with nuts in i.e. nutty cereal bars.
Weekly activity timetables will be displayed at our holiday club but are subject to change, refunds or compensation will not be given if changes are made.
See holiday club page for more info – https://www.schoolofsport.org.uk/holiday-club/
School of Sport staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child may be suffering from abuse or if a child discloses information of abuse, in this event staff will contact the relevant local authority and act on their advice.
Children should not bring valuable toys and belongings when attending our clubs. School of Sport cannot be held responsible if they go missing. We cannot guarantee the return of lost property but will do our best to return items on request. If items are not claimed after 4 weeks they will be given to a local charity shop.
Your Child’s Information
At the time of booking a child onto any of our classes our holiday clubs, accurate information about your child’s DOB, medical conditions, physical or behavioural matters, or any other additional needs must be provided on the registration form. Failure to do so may result in the child being excluded from certain activities. In some circumstances we may have to cancel the booking and no refund will be paid.
If your child requires medication of any sort you must complete a permission slip, health care plan, and provide a supply of medication at the club. Please email us to request these forms firstname.lastname@example.org
Accidents & Incidents
If necessary, School of Sport reserves the right to administer basic first aid treatment to a child. Parents will be informed of all accidents and will need to sign the accident report form.
Accidents of a more serious nature involving hospital treatment or any head injuries, all attempts will be made to contact the parents but failing this the club requires consent to act on behalf of the parents to authorise any necessary treatment.
Incidents involving a child will also be logged and parents will be informed.
Photo & Video footage
We may take photographs and video footage at our clubs to use for training and promotional purposes. To exclude your child we must be informed when completing the registration form at the time of booking, you will be given the option to answer ‘yes or no’ to both photography and video footage. Where possible, we will post photos to our social media platforms for parents to view, however we cannot guarantee your child will appear on these.
We only accept all childcare voucher payments for our holiday clubs, please allow up to 5 working days for these payments to reach us and use your child’s name as a reference where possible. If paying with Tax-Free Childcare, please notify us of the long reference number so we can identify and allocate this payment.
All children in our care are covered by our public liability insurance.
Abuse to staff
The threat or use of physical violence, verbal abuse, intimidation or harassment towards our staff is likely to result in a termination of your child’s place. Such incidents may be reported to the police.
If you were not satisfied with the services provided by School of Sport, we would appreciate the feedback. Please email any complaints to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst a child attends a holiday club or class and for a period of 12 months after, the customer shall not directly or indirectly solicit any employee working in any capacity for School of sport.
Whilst School of Sport work in a school and for a period of 12 months after, the school shall not directly or indirectly solicit any employee working in any capacity for School of Sport.
School of Sport collect personal details for you and your child to register and enable us to process your booking. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the necessary permission to pass on the personal details of everyone required. We may hold some of your details for future marketing purposes. Please let us know if you do not want to receive future communication from us. See our privacy policies here.
Parents must agree to the terms and conditions to book with us.
Social Media Competitions (Terms and Conditions)
The promoter is School of Sport Ltd (company no 1030408) whose registered office is at 33 Sevenoaks Avenue, Urmston, Manchester.
- Competitions are open to residents of Greater Manchester aged 18 years or over except employees of School of Sport and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter our competitions unless stated otherwise.
- By entering a competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via our social media channels.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for any competition will be provided on the social media advertisement. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend a competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to a competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and/or its agents as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and/or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- A competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- School of Sport Ltd will judge the competition and decide on the winner for each competition, which will be picked at random from all complete entries.
- School of Sport‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- The entrant must be following @schoolofsportltd on relevant social media platform in order to enter.
- School of Sport Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- School of Sport Ltd also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
School of Sport is the trading name of ‘School of Sport Ltd’ (Company number: 10304084)